If Paul was a blogger, perhaps this is the way that he’d blog 2 Thessalonians 1:3-12.
“We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is fitting because:
- Your faith grows exceedingly
- and the love of every one of you abounds towards each other…
- for your patience and faith in all your persecutions that you endure is:
- manifest evidence of the righteous judgement of God that you may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you also suffer.
Since it is a righteous thing with God to:
- repay with tribulation those who trouble you, and
- to give you who are troubled, rest with us
- when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire taking vengeance on:
- those who do not know God and
- on those who do not obey the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
These (those who don’t know God and do not obey His gospel) shall be punished with:
- everlasting destruction:
- from the presence of the Lord and
- from the glory of His power when He [Jesus] comes in that day to:
- be glorified in His saints and
- to be admired among all those who believe
because our testimony among you was believed.
Therefore we also pray always for you that:
- God would count you worthy of His calling
- and fulfill all the good pleasure of His goodness
- and the work of faith with power
that the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified:
- in you and
- in Him
According to the:
- grace of our God
- and of the Lord Jesus Christ.”
Boy, talk about a run on sentence! However, there is a reason for everything in Scripture. It all goes together — salvation, judgment, faith, trials, suffering, blessing, justice, grace, power, God, Jesus, love. God has a plan. He has a purpose. We must tell others for they will be condemned because they do not know Him and for not obeying Him.
We must measure ourselves, our doctrine, our words, our deeds, and our religions by the Holy Word of God. The greatest errors of organized churches have been committed when the word of man has been elevated above the Word of God.
This is not about how we choose to “do church.” This is not about how we choose to worship. This is about WHO we follow in church and WHO we worship.
Not HOW! WHO! The Who is the Word the Word is the answer. The answer to all questions is Jesus Christ.
Lord, make our churches doctrinally sound and aligned with God’s Word. Let us follow You and never escalate the word of man above the Holy Scripture. Let us not escalate tradition above our zeal to be true to God’s word. Lord, please help the IMB and NAMB and the entire Southern Baptist Convention and all churches who call themselves Christian to enter a phase of reexamination and realignment with God’s Word that we may become Your perfect bride for Your Son, Jesus Christ. In Jesus name. Amen.