Today, after reading a neat interview another blogger did with her child, I decided to interview mine. I interviewed my ten year old son and my nine year old daughter. Here are the questions and answers.
1) What is the most important thing in your life?
- Son– God because he created us and He died on the cross for us.
- Daughter – Living with my family.
“ Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel, And his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: ‘ I am the First and I am the Last; Besides Me there is no God.
2) If there was something you could tell everyone in the world what would it be?
- Son – That God created everybody.
- Daughter – Jesus loves you no matter what.
… “Do You hear what these are saying?” And Jesus said to them, “Yes. Have you never read, ‘ Out of the mouth of babes and nursing infantsYou have perfected praise’?”
3) What makes you the most sad about the world?
- Son – That everyone is breaking laws and worshiping idols.
- Daughter – When Jesus died on the cross.
· Mark 8:31
He began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again.
44 Now it was[a] about the sixth hour, and there was darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour. 45 Then the sun was darkened,[b] and the veil of the temple was torn in two. Luke 23:44-45
4) What do you wish adults would do differently?
- Son – Let us stay up later and sleep in later. Take us more fun places and play more games and do more stuff with their kids.
- Daughter – Play with me more
But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven.”
5) If you could change one thing about other kids what would it be?
- Son – Noone makes fun of anyone.
- Daughter – For them to love God.
And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.
6) What are your favorite things to do?
- Son – Go fishing and camping and have fun with my family in general.
- Daughter – Play with my Polly pockets.
1 Timothy 6:17
[ Instructions to the Rich ] Command those who are rich in this present age not to be haughty, nor to trust in uncertain riches but in the living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy.
A sermon from the mouths of my children. I think I need to go play now.
Today, I ask all readers to spend time in prayer for the International Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention.
Lord, I pray humbly that you will help me focus on what is important – God, Jesus Christ, my children, kindness to others, kindness to my family. I love you, Lord. Dear God, please bless the Southern Baptist Convention and the IMB Board of Directors. Allow them to experience your wisdom and your presence as they immerse themselves in the word of God. Give them strength. Give them your insight. Let all conduct be becoming to the glorious name of Jesus Christ. I pray that Jesus will be honored and not crucified again in the meetings that they have coming up. I pray for a spirit of reconciliation. I pray for a love of Jesus Christ. Dear Lord, give wisdom to all involved and forgive us for judging when we do not know all the facts. We know that you judge all things and will call into account those who err at the final judgment. I love you, my Jesus. In Jesus name. Amen.